What is blogging? Why most online entrepreneurs love it so much?
Blogging is very much popular today worldwide. But many don’t know the actual meaning of blogging.
How does blogging work? How can someone make so much money from blogging?
I will break down everything in a simple way.
Many people opt for their career as a full-time blogger. Many of them even turned millionaire through blogging. But the percentage of people who achieved this level of success is very less. Here, I will disclose some of the greatest tips and the mindset that every successful blogger have.
What actually is a blog?
A blog is just like you write your daily journal or just like you share your posts on social platforms (like facebook, twitter, etc). But posting on social platforms don’t earn you anything. If you own a blog site, it not only helps you to earn but also benefits you in many different ways(discussed later in details).
A blog is a platform where you share your daily thoughts or knowledge and anyone can read it online. You can share your regular experiences or ideas with a wide range of people very easily. This platform also allows a group of writers to come together and discuss their views.
If you’re blogging, you’re not only benefiting yourself, but also helping out lots of people. The good thing is that you can start blogging in any language. There are many benefits of blogging and you can earn a good amount of money from blogging which I will share later in this article.
What skills are required for blogging?
There are many misconceptions in people’s mind about blogging. Many people think it requires a lot of skills (like programming, coding, designing, etc) to start blogging. The best part of blogging is you don’t require many skills to start blogging. It is very much simple and easy these days.
There are various platforms available where you can start blogging for free. Later you can buy your own domain and hosting to expand it.
Once you start blogging, your skills get stronger and you learn things much faster than before. There is no perfect time or age in blogging. You can start anytime, anywhere. You just have to keep your mindset strong.
Mindset of a successful blogger
There is a myth in the market that blogging is the quickest way to earn money. Many people come across this myth and start blogging just to earn money. Always keep in mind that blogging is not a get quick rich scheme. It requires real effort in order to achieve success in this field.
Also Learn: How to start blogging?
The following points to keep in mind in order to be successful in blogging:
1) All bloggers don’t attract readers. Treat blogging as a real business. This is because at the beginning of blogging you’ll not find any results just like starting any business. If you start blogging keeping money in mind, you’ll definitely fail. Actual blogging takes time to increase traffic and build a good relationship with readers.
Initially, you should focus on your content rather than focus on traffic. This will give a compounding growth if your content is strong and valuable.
You have to believe in yourself and never give up. No one has ever achieved overnight success in history. You have to think long term.
2) Take action daily, even if it is a small chunk doesn’t matter. You have to be consistent at your work, otherwise, you’ll be paralyzed. Always remember the longest journey starts with a single step.
Read about some successful bloggers, try to understand their mindset or the way they think. This will give you a lot of ideas about how hard they worked to reach the position they are in now.
Without a proper plan in action and long-term strategy, you will not find any noticeable results. This can only be done if you work daily consistently. This is why it’s very important to be passionate about what you’re doing.
Blogging can be one of the main sources of passive income only if you’re consistent in the beginning. Once you make a good reader’s database, you will earn even if you’re not working.
3) Focus on one thing at a time
People occasionally feel proud of themselves thinking that they can do multitasking. It is actually for computers, not humans. Normal humans cannot do multitasking. It will decrease your efficiency and productivity, as our brain cannot focus on two things together at a time.
There will always be something which will distract you and will get you overwhelmed. You will have to focus on one thing at a time and stop those shiny little things from distracting you.
Just remember the amount of work which can be completed in 1 hour will take more than 3 hours to complete that particular work without your focus also resulting in a decrease of quality.
Why is blogging so powerful?
You all have heard about people earning a lot of money from blogging. But do you really know how it earns money and how it is so powerful?
There are many different ways a blogging site earns money. Most common ways are:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Selling a product or Service
Here are some points why blogging is powerful:
- Increase a brand awareness: Blogging is the best way to create a brand awareness as it builds a good relation and trust with its readers.
Blogging is also the cheapest way to create a brand awareness.
- Build a relationship with people: Blogging creates a good bonding between you and your readers. When you share your ideas, knowledge, tips with your audience, it builds a trust and strengthens your relationship with your audience. If your blogs help your customers or clients in solving their problems, they tend to trust you more and respect you as an expert in the field.
- Helps in SEO: Search Engine Optimisation(SEO) is very important in ranking your site in google. The main intention of search engines is to provide good results for its users. If you have a strong SEO, search engine notices it and throws your results in front.
You can improve your SEO by adding internal links among your blog posts and different pages of your website.
- Built a network: As Robert Kiyosaki( author of Rich Dad Poor Dad) always says, “The richest people in the world built networks, everyone else is trained to look for work.”
Creating a network in business is very much important. Your network will earn you more money.
Blogging is one of the best ways to increase your network. Readers getting helped from your blogs will try to contact you personally for further helps.
- Blogging creates a passive income: There is no doubt in this as blogging is a good source of passive income. There are many different ways to earn from blogging( I’ve shared the points above).
Rich people getting richer because they have many passive income sources. Poor and middle-class peoples don’t understand the difference between passive and active income.
- Take a control of your identity online: Blogging can create a good identity of your’s on the internet. It will create your personal brand. If you have a good online presence, people can easily search you online and know about you.
- Become a better writer: In order to achieve, mastery in something, you’ve to do it regularly consistently. If you’re an active blogger, there’s no doubt that you will be a good writer.
An active blogger writes tons of pages, articles day-by-day which transforms them into a very good writer. The more you keep blogging, the more you keep improving. Also Learn: How to start blogging?